Located in the West Hollywood Gateway Development at Santa Monica and LaBrea, Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream receives a score of 55 in the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.
Ben and Jerry's Loses Points because it does not offer protections or benefits for LGBT workers in several areas:
- Prohibits discrimination based on gender identity and/or expression
- Provides diversity training covering gender identity OR has supportive gender transition guidelines in place
- Offers at least one transgender wellness benefit
- Offers domestic partners dental, vision, COBRA and dependent coverage benefits
- Offers at least three other “soft” benefits for domestic partners
- Has company-supported employee resource group OR firm-wide diversity council
Or, in the case of the ice creamery, it does not have any of the aforementioned.